Search This Blog

KCM Spirit Reviews

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Review 96: Arcadia Ales Nut Brown Ale



Review 96
8/30/12
Arcadia Ales Nut Brown Ale: 6.0% abv

Another Stupid-College-Classes-That-Don’t-Teach-Anything sponsored review today, so feel privileged. Arcadia Ales is a pretty well known brewery in Michigan out of Battle Creek, so let’s be happy about that. That’s not to say we’re going to be easy on this one. We’ve had a tough run of brown ales, but we will see what Arcadia can offer. I don’t have a lot of background information on this beer, so maybe I’ll talk about Arcadia for a second.

They were established in 1996 and they specialized in British-style ales. Then they tell us something about being authentic and that they use special amazing magic something-or-anothers. We don’t really care about the marketing jargon. So now that Arcadia has done so well to introduce themselves, let’s introduce their beer. Although not the first one of their beers I’ve had of their personally, it is the first beer we have sat down and reviewed. 

On the nose, when we first smelled this beer, there was a sort of foul stench to it, that was characterized as upchuck....if you catch my vomit...I mean drift. That dissipates though, and leaves some pleasant notes, although it’s quite sparing with what it gives you. The kind of norms for this kind of beer: vanilla, caramel, malt, toffee and cream. I can’t say a whole lot about it...sorry. The arrival has nut....shock. Taste includes caramel, vanilla, malt, apple and fluoride. Sorry, This isn’t going to be an enthusiastic one. Again, I don’t know what to say. Take whatever you want out of this, I don’t think I need to say it. Finish...ugh. It’s medium-short, with slight tartness, nut, and citrus. 

I hope you all know that this is an extremely boring review for me to write. And I think we were too generous with the score, having written this. This wasn’t a fun one, and I don’t feel compelled to jump back to try it again. Luckily the next review is interesting. I won’t change the score because I don’t have the authority to do it, but I also wouldn’t recommend this to anybody who cares about more than being a drunken blithering idiot. 

Score: 7.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment