Search This Blog

KCM Spirit Reviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review 39: Unibroue Trois Pistoles

Review 39
5/13/12
Unibroue Trois Pistoles: 9% abv

We tried one of Unibroue's beers before, if you didn't recall. Unfortunately, it struck us as a little too sweet and lacking complexity. We decided to give them another chance to see how they measured up a second time. And at 9%, I expect to see more flavor involved. The nose is complex and enjoyable enough. There is raison, grape, vermouth, apple butter (I have no idea what this is, but the "panel" swears to me it exists), nutmeg, pumpkin and pear on the nose. The taste yields more pumpkin, starting to reveal what this beer is about. Besides pumpkin, the taste contains lemon, nutmeg, pear, champagne, and "october spices" and the panel described it. They're doing so good with the stuff I can't personally identify. The finish has pumpkin, pear, and is medium long. I originally gave this beer an 8.0 out of 10. But I think I'm overusing that number. I believe this beer is too interesting and unique to be underscored. If you like pumpkins, try it? I have no idea who to recommend this to, frankly. 
Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment